This trophy was donated to the Club by Jack Christiansen, a former principal of The Gap State School, on his retirement in 1981. Jack was made a life member in recognition of his tremendous support for the Club since its formation in 1968. Jack passed away in 1993 and it was decided by the Club that in future the event would be a memorial trophy.
Terms of the Relay
- The trophy is presented to the winners of a handicap 4 X 50 metre freestyle relay.
- This relay is a self-nominated handicap event for teams of 4 swimmers. Teams may be male, female or mixed.
- Teams submit their own estimated time and they are handicapped on the times submitted. (Submitted times are converted to the nearest second)
- A break time of up to and including six (6) seconds on the nominated time will be allowed. Teams swimming more than six (6) seconds outside their nominated time will be automatically disqualified.
- Subject to the above, and the number of heats being contested, the team or teams qualifying fastest in each heat will be selected for the final.
- The team finishing first (provided that they do not swim more than six (6) seconds outside their nominated time) will be declared the winner.
- All other rules of relay swimming apply.